Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July & weekend. We had a nice one. We we're really missing the downtown Provo festival. We always love going to that, but this year was different & fun. We went to a neighboring small town, they had a funny little parade, but before the parade started they had a fire truck and hoses spraying the street and people. It was really hot so it was awesome. The parade had the local high school marching band and some army cars, then after that it pretty much had semi's, an RC Willey moving truck, I think a tractor, some local churches on trucks, so it was just kind of funny we thought. 


Later that night we went to a 4th of July bbq that a guy in our ward put on. After the bbq the guy did a ton of fire works. It was amazing, it was a big show with the big fireworks it was really awesome. Brandon was pretty afraid, but got a little more used to them. He loved pop-its this year. It's crazy the fireworks that you can buy here, Ben bought some just to do on the street and they ended up being some of the smaller of the big cool ones that fly into the air with different colors and stuff. I didn't even think you could just go buy those. It was pretty awesome.



The above and below pictures were taken by Brandon. I like the one of me because I sort of look small (a camera trick I can assure you), and Ben looks the opposite of small with a little head. :)



9 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Love the pics that Brandon took.

The Husband said...

Say hello to my new favorite cake everybody! That thing was amazing and Lori was hesitant to put a picture on because of her cake frenzy, but I am glad she did because it was both cool to look at and amazingly good. It had whipped cream/cream cheese frosting with the strawberries and blueberries. Trust me, you want a piece of this cake next time you are in town...

Ben and Lori said...

*blush*

Nicole M said...

Tell me you didn't make that cake. It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Do you do that professionally? If not, you should.

Melissa said...

That does sound like fun! And the cake looks very summer and soo yummy!

T + 2 said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday! The cake looks great...I must get the recipe!!

ohana=)mama said...

cool fireworks trick! I really love the description of the parade it was halarious! I like the small town parades as well! When I lived in Woodruff/Randolph UT We used to have a parade consisting of kids with decorated wagons and a and the rodeo royalty on horses.

We also had a rodeo. The arena was located on the LDS Church property! Now that's halarious = ).

This explains my childhood dreams of becoming rodeo queen..... I would be the envy of the town!

Sometimes different is good right!

ohana=)mama said...

I would have to second Nicole on that one! Oh wait I already said that!!!!!

Angie said...

That cake makes my mouth water! You had better make this when we're in town:)